A crown is a cap placed over the entire tooth surface to restore its shape, size, strength and /or appearance. Crowns are used:
- • When a filling is too large for the tooth to support
- • To protect a cracked or broken tooth
- • To cover a tooth with a root canal
- • For cosmetic enhancement
There are several types of crowns to choose from when deciding on your treatment:
- • All porcelain crowns. Today’s technology creates crowns made of porcelain that are natural looking in shape and color, leave no black edge at the gum line and can last 20-30 years.
- • Porcelain fused to metal crowns. Crowns made of a gold or alloy internal base fused to a porcelain exterior.
OC Family Dentistry strives to make crowns that look and feel like the real thing – a “natural” and bright smile.